Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Thing One, Thing Two

My dad gave Desmond a stuffed elephant when he was first born. It was originally from my dad and Sandra, but once Dad likened it to the Republican Party mascot, Sandra quickly withdrew her support. :-)

Desmond has become quite attached to the elephant. It's his security toy for sleeping. Every time he sees it, his face lights up and he races to give it a hug or kiss. It's quite cute.

I'm so grateful for something that helps him sleep well, I recently bought a back-up in case tragedy strikes. Desmond took it for a test run and found it acceptable. We may not have our life insurance situation figured out, but at least we've got a back-up elephant.

Until Des gets a competing political mascot, Republicans rule his crib.

2 comments:

Kate said...

My favorite part of this whole post is the caption on the picture. :)

Allyson said...

You may know that we have two hippos for Claire for that reason. I thought she was still in the dark about it until she told Will that hippo lives above the dryer (in the cabinet). She doesn't seem to mind that I only give her one at a time. Start rotating them now so Thing 2 can start looking as loved as Thing 1.