Friday, August 05, 2011

Family Reunion

We attended the Bailes Family Reunion (my mom's family) this past weekend at Hawks Nest State Park in West Virginia. I'm a Western NC girl myself, but I must say West Virginia is gorgeous.

The weekend was a bit of a bummer. Desmond got sick with some virus (and now has a lower respiratory infection). Peter came down with a vertigo-illness that we are still sorting out. Despite the sick boys, we still enjoyed seeing family.

A fun discovery on the trip is that Desmond enjoys books on tape. (No surprise there.) We listened to Charlotte's Web for part of the trip and I enjoyed it as much as Desmond!

The New River Gorge Bridge. Breath taking.

It's the third largest arch bridge in the world.

Sparing his pregnant wife, Peter carried Des up many, many stairs despite his vertigo.

Desmond loved his bed "nest" and spent most evenings "chirping" all his sentences before bed.


No comments: