Saturday, September 03, 2011

Potty Talk

Desmond is pretty much toilet trained now. I usually avoid potty talk around non-parents, but some of the things he's said along the way can't be kept to myself.

About two weeks into the whole process, he got very picky about how we celebrated his success in the #2 department.
DK: (stern voice) Mom, you may not cheer for me. But I will take the juice box.
(Seriously?!?! Why not just leave for college now!!)

Overheard after another successful #2 episode:
DK: That's hilarious! Gravity pulled it [the poop] down.

2 comments:

Fr. Ellis said...

Okay, I know he's super smart and all, but gravity? Really, guys? Have you already signed him up for the science club?

Kate said...

Ha! That was Ryan's reaction too. He said "Tell them congratulations on teaching Desmond about gravity!"