Friday, February 20, 2009

We're Back

January was a long month here. It's almost the end of February and I just now feel like I've recovered from January.

Here are the highlights of life from my silence.

- Desmond is teething. Two little teeth are poking through. Very cute...and sharp! He's also become a good natured baby. He smiles and laughs and giggles and gurgles. He sounds like a little songbird now that he's learned how to mix screaming with trilling. Again, very cute. He loves to play with his dad by hiding under a blanket. He's learning how to eat solid foods. He's sleeping...well, better than before.

- Peter and I have started a new Small Group with Katie and Eric F. So far it's been really fun to start getting to know some new people. I love meeting new people and seeing how God has made so many different kinds of folks on this Earth.

- We're going to have lots of family in town for March. I'm really looking forward to it.

- Ultimate Frisbee season is starting in less than a month!!! I'm so excited I could jump out of my skin. Peter and I are hoping that we can both play and somehow bring Desmond with us to the games. I'm not sure how we'll do it, but I'm determined to be flexible and adventuresome in trying to make it work. If we don't try, we will never know if it's possible. Now I'm just working on getting in shape again. Yikes!

Hopefully I'll get back in the saddle and write more in the coming weeks. Now that I'm getting a little more sleep it's easier to think about something other than how to make it through the present day.

I must say that parenting is getting more fun by the week.

Show me the sweet potatoes!

This was the closest we got to the Inauguration, but we enjoyed watching it nonetheless.

A bath photo he won't hate us for someday.

Even when sad he's pretty cute.


Working on those fine motor skills.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so adorable! Kudos on the ultimate frisbee adventure--keep me posted!

Mike and Katie said...

I volunteer to babysit during some frisbee games! Glad I got to see you Sunday and hold the cute little guy!

Katharine said...

Thanks for the offer Katie; we might take you up on it! Although, I don't want to interfere with you possibly playing yourself!!!!

ilene said...

awwww i keep checking yr blog for more updates!! yay, im so glad to see new pics of Desmond!