Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Happy Thoughts - Part 1


There are a lot of things that make me happy in life. I'm trying to be more intentional about dwelling on them. As Desmond fights off his first somewhat-serious illness (not counting the NICU), it's especially good to consider the good in life.

  1. Babies or children laughing
  2. A good tickle
  3. Homemade ginger ale
  4. Clean teeth
  5. Anything daffodil
  6. Working up a good sweat
  7. My maiden name - Katharine Nicholette Knight
  8. A skirt rustling in the wind
  9. A good smelling husband (Peter is the least stinky white guy I know!)
  10. Homemade granola
  11. How my ponytail swishes against my back
  12. Fibonacci sequence
  13. Cooking with homegrown herbs

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I also find 8, 11, 12, and 13 enjoyable. :)

Kate said...

I'm blessed with 9 too. :)

It was a good day for me to read this post from you - I've been frustrated trying to take care of little things w/ getting settled in our new home - but there are certainly a lot of things to be happy about. :)