Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bleach

I'm lousy at cleaning. I like an organized room, but I'm mostly indifferent as to whether it's clean or not. Example - the kitchen counters can be clean and everything in its place but the stove will have caked food on it and the microwave will have tiny bits and pieces of stuff stuck to it. (Yes, you now know some of my "dirty" secrets.)

When I do clean, I go with the shock-and-awe approach. If you've got to do it, use the most force possible. This is where my bleach problem comes in. Bleach is the most efficient thing I've found to kill pretty much everything bad in your house. I figure why not use it, and use a lot of it.

Well.

After cleaning the bathroom the other day with my best friend, bleach, I couldn't smell much of anything for at least two hours. How embarrassing! It's pretty stupid to clean with bleach in a low-ventilated room for an extended period. Even worse, this isn't my first time doing that. *sigh*

As I surfed the Internet to find out how many brain cells I probably killed, I found this comment on a forum.

"Hopefully it will kill you soon. One less stupid person in the world. -Pot & Peace"

How appropriate.

2 comments:

Allyson said...

How many outfits have you ruined? I bleached my favorite pants for the 2nd time the other day when I was cleaning. Cleaning is NOT my strong suit, so keeping our house for showings is quite overwhleming.

Katharine said...

Where I lack in common sense about ventilation and bleach, I gain a tiny bit of ground by not cleaning in good clothes. So I haven't ruined anything yet.

I can't imagine getting a house ready for sale with two underfoot. I wish I could buy it from you!!