The past weeks have been full. Full of family, eating, growing, working.
- Peter's parents returned to England. We were so grateful to have them in the States for a few months at the start of Desmond's life. Their furlough was planned before we were pregnant. Somehow that divine coordination made their presence here all the sweeter.
- Watching Katie K. joyfully love Desmond without abandon has been a highlight of my week. Desmond is lucky to have such lively, intelligent, spunky aunts who are so full of life and love.
- Somehow Peter has found time to make small steps of progress on the basement. I'm amazed at how he's balancing so many demands in his life right now.
- I decided that I won't be returning to my job in January. It was simultaneously extremely difficult and extremely easy. I'll write more on this later.
- Desmond is smiling now! His smiles melt my heart in ways i never imagined. He even smiles in his sleep.
Life is good.