Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Dear Old Duke


So far, we don't have much Duke paraphernalia for Desmond - only a Duke mobile and a Duke bib. However, I think his blood must already run true blue.

It's been a rough two weeks with his napping schedule. I don't know if he's teething, going through a growth spurt or what, but all of a sudden it's very difficult to get him to nap for a respectable length of time.

One of the few tricks I've discovered that helps him to sleep is humming the Duke fight song (the same tune that his mobile plays). He will calm down and coo along with me as I hum. He doesn't do this for any other song.

We're pretty proud to have given birth to a Dukie. :-)

2 comments:

Mike and Katie said...

:D This entry made me smile. I'm glad you've found a song he enjoys, although you'll have to teach the babysitters how it goes.

Lisa said...

Poor kid. Sorry Katharine, but you kind of asked for it. ;)