Thursday, July 16, 2009

First in Flight

This past week was Desmond's first flight. Desmond and I flew to Charlotte where my dad met us and drove us to Asheville. We all had a blast. Desmond practiced his drunken walking while Grandpa and Gran held his arms.

He also became completely and totally infatuated with the two cats. Des would wake up from his nap babbling "gack, gack, gack" (his way of saying "cat"). Who knows, maybe someday Desmond will convince his mom and dad to get him an indoor pet. That would be a miracle. :-)





6 comments:

Al and Lyndsie said...

"Handsomer" by the day. I love his hair coming in, looks like a little halo ;)

Libby said...

Cats seem to be popular--"kitty" is N.'s main word, along with some "Daddy." I got outranked! (To be fair, "Daddy" has been applied to me, too...)

Mike and Katie said...

Oh no!!! We need to show him some dogs! Maybe I'll email some pictures for him to study each day :)

In all seriousness, he is absolutely adorable. I'm so happy for you guys and miss you all so much. Desmond looks so much bigger already, and it's only been a little over a month!

Grandma said...

How great! Perhaps we could arrange a loaner cat for Desmond to play with. Lily is pretty wonderful. I am glad you had such a good trip; you are very brave!

Katharine said...

The loaner cat would be a good idea if Peter weren't allergic! Peter grew into that allergy as an adult; maybe he'll grow out of it!

Amy B. said...

I'm being repetitive, but he really is such an adorable cutie!!! He really seems to be getting cuter by the day!