Monday, February 01, 2010

How It Came Off

Our friends Sarah and Graham Marsden came over to commemorate the event. They snapped photos and gave me moral support while Peter manned the buzzer.

Desmond still recognizes this as a photo of "mama."

Need more ponytails. Can't waste any hair that will be donated.

Snip, snip, they're falling!

Surreal. I never wanted to turn back, but that didn't dull the shock and
nervousness flowing through my whole body.


Bring on the sas (not that kind of SAS). I've never had really short hair before.
Maybe this photo is a foretaste of what is to come.


Should I go European?

Nah, take it all off!

Our feet share an intimate moment.

It's done! I felt liberated and exhilarated.

The people with the least hair in our home.
Now to practice with the make-up so people know I do actually have eyebrows.




P.S. Check out Graham and Sarah's fantastic work as Marsden Media!

4 comments:

Libby said...

Whoa! This is not a leap I think I could take, but you look great! I'm sure getting ready in the morning is suddenly a lot faster, too.

Amy B. said...

Wow--I thought that was Photoshop magic at first--You are so brave!

Grandma said...

Katharine, I always worried Megan would get angry with you when you were in the 5th grade and cut off that long pony tail you sported. Remember that period?

I just can't imagine how it felt to hold your first ponytail. These pictures are fantastic. They have captured many of your facial expressions. This was brave! Love you! MOM

Julide said...

Yes that was brave!
I think you should "go European". I really appreciate people taking risks. I just wanted to say this.

J