Friday, October 01, 2010

Fall Festival

It is so. much. fun. to enjoy the changing of seasons with a child. I enjoyed them quite a bit on my own, but sharing it with a kid is even better.

So happy.

I knew was fortunate for perfect weather during strawberry picking. Fireworks for the Fourth of July took on a whole new fun with Des around. As fall approaches, I'm gearing up for a whole new season of autumn pleasures. Fall festivals, apple picking, leaf collecting, raking (the leaves that will be picked up by the ground crew anyway...).

This week we went to Cox Farm's Fall Festival. Desmond isn't the most adventuresome kid, but he surprised me by going down HUGE slides by himself, excitedly running off on his own (not ideal), and not getting scared by stuff that normally freaks him out. I'm really enjoying watching him grow up.


That isn't the wind; I just need to get better about combing his hair.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Or, you could shave off all of his hair. That would help keep it under control too.
Maybe his hair is best the way it is. :)
I love the pictures!

Amy B. said...

He is getting so big! Thanks for sharing!