Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Strawberry Heaven

I. am. in. heaven.

We went strawberry picking today with a friend and three of her daughters. The weather was cool and breezy. There were few bugs and lots of strawberries. The kids had fun playing with each other. These are the days I dreamed of when considering being a stay at home mom.

I envisioned Desmond happily picking berries as he waded through the bushes....like treasure hunting. Instead he played with the sprinkler system most of the time. Go figure.


Now it's time to play in the kitchen!

3 comments:

Grandma said...

Katharine, I know you had a great day! Neither of your interests are a surprise, are they? Desmond was loving water sprinklers even last July, the first time you visited my house.

Des will always remember the fun and how much his mother loved to go pick strawberries. I think one of your multiple intelligences is definitely nature smart, 'a naturalist'. Have fun. Our Lee County strawberries are now gone. Love, Mom

Erin said...

I always envisioned berry picking with kids too, but this year I realized I need someone with me to watch my kids run around if I'm going to get enough berries for jam.

Al and Lyndsie said...

Strawberry picking is 1 of my favorite childhood memories, along with the freezer jam and pies that would follow! I can't wait to be awake enough and all together again to do stuff like this with Everett!