Monday, June 21, 2010

Fankful

Desmond is in a very thankful stage. He thanks for me bringing him milk. He thanks me for carrying him. He thanks other kids for sharing toys. It's probably a phase, but is still heart-meltingly sweet.

Mr. Fankful doing his tough-guy face.

One of my favorites is when he adds to our prayers at mealtime. We say a short prayer together, keeping it simple by thanking God for things Desmond understands. Lately, after I say amen, he occasionally pipes in with his own suggestions. It usually goes something like this, "Fank you swimming pool. Fank you card-from-Grandma. Fank you soccer. Fank you booberries."

Of course he doesn't understand prayer or God yet. In fact, he might even think we're thanking the actual objects. Still, I like this fankful little boy.

1 comment:

LKBrazil said...

And I am so "Fankful" for that little guy, too. It was wonderful to hear him say, "Happy Favver's Day" on skype yesterday!