Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Farm

We went to Frying Pan Park with Leah and Kimberly today. They have a small farm with animals for the kids to see. I'm always excited when Desmond can actually experience stuff like this instead of just reading about it.

My favorite part of the day was when Desmond noticed the water buckets for the animals. He kept asking the animals, "Hello goat. Would you like to play in water?" Or "Hello pig. Would you like to play in water?" I guess he can't imagine why a bucket of water would exist for anything other than play.

Leah practicing her tractor driving.

Des shares the wheel for a bit.

I don't know if we'll ever get a true non-"cheese" smile out of this kid. He loves saying "cheeeeese" for every photo. Reminds of myself as a kid...


I'm glad we braved the heat wave for an early morning trip. We even returned home in time to watch the US WIN their World Cup game! Woohoo!!!

No comments: