Thursday, March 15, 2012

First Month

We were fortunate to have family in town the first couple weeks after Charlotte's birth. Thankfully my recovery from the c-section was much smoother this time. It's amazing how much more you enjoy having a new baby around when you aren't experiencing surgery complications for yourself.


Snuggling and reading. I went through a nostalgic phase and re-read
a lot of my old favorite Madeline L'Engle books.

Best. Idea. Ever. Stephanie made up a little bed for Charlotte in this plastic container. It let us set her on the dining room table to sleep and easily carry her up and down stairs without waking her. Putting her in the box (uncovered of course!) also helped Desmond respect Charlotte's space while he adjusted to having a delicate baby around. She is just on the verge of out growing it in this photo. Thankfully I remembered to take a photo before she totally out grew it.

It was harder this time for me to restart using cloth diapers. I suppose the novelty was gone. But I slowly worked back into it. And I'm super grateful to be reusing Desmond's diapers with Charlotte.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Love the picture of you and Charlotte reading. And love the sleeping in a box idea!